“Gboard makes your life easier. Search for things like restaurants, a flight number, images, videos and more. Basically, anything you can search on Google, you can search here.” “For example, say you’re in a messaging app, chatting about dinner plans with a friend. You leave your messaging app, switch to another app to search for a restaurant, then copy-paste the information back into your conversation.
Results pasted into messages appear as cards, featuring key information such as phone numbers, ratings and hours.
Read more: Young Brits who invented ‘robot’ keyboard to become multi-millionaires after Microsoft snaps up company
Google said that Gboard works in any app – messaging, email or YouTube – so you can use it anywhere on your phone.
It also features “Glide Typing”, which lets you type words by sliding your finger from key to key instead of tapping.
To get started using Gboard, here’s what you need to do:
- Download the Gboard app from the Apple App Store of Google Play
- Tap on the “GET STARTED” button in the Gboard app
- Tap “Add new keyboard”
- Select “Gboard” from the Third-Party Keyboards section
- Tap “Gboard” again
- Enable “Allow Full Access” (by turning on the switch)
- Launch Gboard by bringing up the keyboard (in any app) and tapping on the Globe icon next to the space bar.
You can then tap the Google G in your keyboard to bring up a search box and type what you’re looking for. Once you find the result, tap the card to paste it into the message space.
Read more: Is Apple killing Patek Philippe Replica Watchesthe keyboard? Patent shows tech firm planning giant touchpad on new laptop