That leaves just one more season for the show to wrap up a lot of loose ends that were unraveled in the second half of Season 6 with the emergence of “Uber-A” and Mary Drake (Andrea Parker). As part of our prep for another nail-biting, twisty season, we’ve compiled a list of questions we need answered and happy endings we need fulfilled.
Pretty Little Liars returns next Tuesday for what creator I. Marlene King has declared the end of the show “as we know it.”
1. Hanna’s location must be revealed: The big cliffhanger last season was that Hanna (Ashley Benson) was taken hostage by one of the A’s and the first mission of Season 7 will be getting her back safely. Hopefully if and when Hanna returns she’ll have a clue about her captor to help her friends figure out who is willing to go after them.
2. All A’s revealed: At the end of Season 6 we found out that Mary Drake and Dr. Rollins (Huw Collins) were teaming up to terrorize the liars after Charlotte DiLaurentis’ (Vanessa Ray) death, but are they the ones sending the text messages? Are they the ones trying to kill the girls before they figure out who Charlotte’s real killer is? We need to define how many bad guys the Liars are up against and who they are.
Pretty Little Liars Mega Buzz: Will Aria pick Ezra or Liam?
3. All birth parents must claim their biological children: Mary Drake emerged as Charlotte’s biological mother at the end of the season, but that certainly wasn’t the first parental twist of the show. Will we find out that Spencer (Troian Bellisario) is also a secret DiLaurentis? Will the still-unrevealed A be related to the Liars by blood? Everyone needs to fill out their family trees and present birth certificates as proof of relation before this is all over.
4. We need to know what happened to Emily’s eggs: One of the more mysterious moves of the new A’s was stealing Emily’s (Shay Mitchell) frozen embryos from the fertility clinic. The Liars were distracted with the death threats and Hanna’s disappearance before they could figure out what the egg-napper planned to do with the haul, but it should be a priority in the new season. What if the new A decides to make an Emily baby?
Brant Daughtery will be back for Pretty Little Liars Season 7
5. Jessica DiLaurentis’ killer must be identified: One mystery left from Charlotte’s days as A is who killed Jessica DiLaurentis? Mary’s the prime suspect right now but it has never been confirmed who took out the DiLaurentis matriarch and it could be the same person who wanted Charlotte dead too.
Lindsey Shaw is returning to Pretty Little Liars
6. The love triangles need to be resolved: Should Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) be with Hanna or Spencer? Will Aria (Lucy Hale) pick Ezra (Ian Harding) or Liam (Roberto Aguire)? Will Alison (Sasha Pieterse) realize she has true feelings for Emily or is Emily meant to be with Paige (Lindsey Shaw)? The romantic fates of all the Liars are up in the air right now and fans need to know who their endgame pairing is.
7. Happiness for Mona: Mona (Janel Parrish) may have been the original A, but she’s reformed in recent years. Does she always play by the rules? No, but she deserves some happiness of her own since she seems committed to helping the Liars fend off all their attackers.
What’s on your Pretty Little Liars Season 7 wish list?
Pretty Little Liars premieres Tuesday, June 21 at 8/7c on Freeform.